Friday, December 9, 2016

No More Chili!

Good morning! So I now know that beans are out. Traditional paleo doesn't include them, but I had wanted to start out including them. Last night we had a delicious (if I do say so myself) chili, but this morning my stomach let me know in no uncertain terms this was not a good idea. So no beans! Good to know.



In better news, yesterday I had a really cool 'ah-ha' moment. A coworker of mine had some almond flour crackers, and I thought "why not? almond flour is good, right?" so I tried one, and instantly wanted to binge. I had just eaten lunch and before I had that tiny cracker I had been completely satisfied. Right after eating I was sooo hungry. I just wanted more! So much more. SO that was a really cool little experiment. I haven't been eating any super yummy processed foods, just a few rice cakes in the morning, and that drove the point home that I shouldn't eat  anything processed if I want to stay on the diet. And such a crazy experience to see how intense the reaction was! It also felt validating because I have always had some amount of shame in the fact that I go on food binges and can't stop eating. This proved that part of that is the food itself and how it's designed to make you want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment